Adsense Top

Monday, October 10, 2005

Qiqi will be in Malaysia on Wednesday & Thursday


KARINA FOO met actor Simon Yam and his international supermodel wife Qiqi in Hong Kong while they were wrapping up the production of their new television commercial for SK-II’s Facial Treatment Essence (FTE).

While REVITALISED skin with a beautifully supple texture that defies description is testimony of those who have used SK-II skincare products.

Celebrities and ambassadors of SK-II have provided similar endorsements and the brand is well-established in Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Singapore, Britain, Australia and Hong Kong.

"We call it ‘Miracle Water’ because of an ingredient called pitera. I’ve been using in for many years before becoming an SK-II ambassador. Simon only started using it recently and his skin is looking much better," said Qiqi, who has been endorsing SK-II products since 1996.

Their youthful and radiant skin clearly belies their age (over 40) and they attribute it to FTE, their favourite product.

The new advertisement, which took 10 weeks to produce, portrays Qiqi’s life-long intimate relationship with the FTE as her skin condition and needs change over the years.

"When I was 20, FTE helped to keep my skin fresh and moist. When I reached my 30s, it gave it a radiant tone and now it still looks healthy and I’ve received many compliments for my smooth and clear appearance."

Qiqi has appeared in several SK-II advertisements on different mediums but most people remember her in the television commercial for the brand’s Facial Treatment Mask where she comes home after a long day of work and treats herself to an exquisite "facial treatment", much to the bewilderment of her friend over the phone.

This is the first time Qiqi is appearing in an SK-II advertisement with her husband. "I’m very happy to work with Simon because he’s been a great support in whatever I believe in," said Qiqi.

"Many men may be apprehensive about trying something associated with women and I admit that I wasn’t so sure about SK-II and its products. But I saw that Qiqi’s skin was the result of the brand and it didn’t take me long to become an SK-II user. Now I use it before and after any film shooting," Yam said.

Kaewta Tachamahachai, assistant brand manager for beauty care, Asean/Australasia/India, for Procter & Gamble, which manages the brand, said: "We did a consumer study in Malaysia to assess audience responses to the new advertisement and the result was sufficiently encouraging for us to believe that consumers will take to it very positively. We found that they could connect with the advertisement."

"I feel that the new commercial will tell people what FTE can really do for them, especially those who are seeking a natural and simple way to improve their skin," Qiqi said. The advertisement will be screened this month and Qiqi will be in the country on Wednesday and Thursday.













Technorati Tag: :

No comments:

Adsense - Bottom